For a small or medium-sized business, SEO is a powerful tool that can help propel them into the limelight. Local SEO is a technique that many businesses have become more aware of in recent years. The number of people searching for local services and products has been on the rise, growing steadily over the past decade. This means that having a strong online presence could be the key to success for any company in this industry.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a term that encompasses the specific parameters that tell search engines (eg. Google) what location your business is in, and how to rank your business in search results for people close to you. Local SEO is a powerful tool for getting more exposure for your company in search results and can help increase traffic to your website by increasing the number of clicks from potential customers.
With the help of Local SEO tactics, you will receive website traffic from your nearby areas. You can also get leads through local businesses who are searching on their mobile devices or computers. This way, it’s easier for them to find out about your product/service because they have already searched for similar things before.
How does Local Search Engine Optimization work?
Local SEO is a subset of SEO, and it is often overlooked by many businesses. This is because Local SEO can be done in-house, and it does not require as much time and energy as other forms of SEO. Local SEO involves optimizing your website for keywords that are relevant to your location. For example, if you’re a restaurant in Edmonton, you would want to optimize your website for keywords such as “Edmonton restaurants”.
You could also use the Google My Business tool to add information on your business (such as hours of operation). The more accurate this data is, the better chance you will have at ranking well for local searches.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a platform that helps businesses manage their online presence. It allows businesses to create an online profile with information about their company, like their address and phone number, as well as the hours they’re open and what they offer. Google My Business also features tools for managing customer reviews, monitoring the traffic to your website, and responding to reviews.
How do I get started using it?
- To start using Google My Business, go to www.google.com/business/. You’ll be asked if you want to sign up or log in. If you already have a business listing on Google Maps (or another map service), then you can use this account instead of creating a new one.
- Click Create Account at the top right corner of the page. Enter your email address and password when prompted. Then click Continue.
- On the next screen, enter your company name and select an industry category from the drop-down menu. Finally, choose whether you’d like to create a free profile or pay to keep your existing information current.
What is the difference between organic and local SEO?
Organic SEO is the process of optimizing your website and content to rank higher in search engines for relevant keywords and phrases. Local SEO is the process of optimizing your business location on Google Maps, Yelp, and other local listing sites.
How local SEO helps your business grow?
Local SEO is an online marketing strategy that helps businesses grow by making it easier for customers to find them. Local SEO involves optimizing a business’s website and social media profiles so that they rank higher in search engines for local keywords. This results in more customers finding the business online and visiting their physical location, which leads to more revenue.
What are some ways you can optimize your business’ local presence?
There are many different methods you can use to improve your local rankings:
- Add reviews about your business on review websites like TripAdvisor or Google My Business (GMB).
- Register your business on online business directories.
- Add a service area covered on your website.
- Optimize your website with on-page SEO techniques.
- Register your business on social media profiles.
- Start marketing campaign to increase website traffic.
- Hire a Professional SEO team.
We are serving many businesses with our search engine optimization skills for over a decade. Contact us to get a business startup strategy.
You can find more information about Local SEO on the Wikipedia page.