A landing page is a solution for driving traffic on your page and converting it to sales leads. Landing pages are a key component of increasing conversions online.
On this blog page, we will guide you with what is landing page is? and how to create it effectively?
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a single web page that is optimized for conversion. Landing pages are used in both marketing and sales campaigns.
A landing page can be used to promote a product, service, or idea. This is done by creating content that will encourage the visitor to take any action, such as filling out a form or making a purchase. Landing pages are also used in lead generation campaigns to capture contact information from visitors via forms for future marketing campaigns.
Few examples of the greatly designed landing page.
Why do you need a landing page?
Landing pages are the most efficient way to keep a user’s attention focused on one thing. They shut down any content and information that can lead users away from converting to a goal.
Landing pages are essential for any business to successfully drive traffic to their site. A landing page is a standalone web page that is optimized for one purpose, like capturing email addresses or promoting a product. It’s usually hosted on the company’s website, but can also be hosted on an external domain.
Landing pages are important because they provide a direct link between your marketing efforts and your website. They help you to generate leads by directing visitors to specific content that will interest them.
A few reasons that describe the landing page are great.
- Improve PPC advertisement performance: All Advertisement platforms check the quality score of the landing page and determine to approve the advertisement or not. You can get a high-quality score by designing a dedicated landing page designed for the advertisement.
- More Conversion Rate: Landing pages are designed to focus on the conversion, above all. This strategy helps visitors to drive towards the desired goal.
- You can track user activity on the landing page, and improve the design to improve user experience.
Should you optimize your landing pages for SEO?
Optimizing your landing pages for SEO is a great idea! It ensures that the search engine spiders can crawl your site and index your content. Optimization will also help increase your rankings in the SERPs, which means more traffic to your site.
However, the landing page doesn’t contain more links and has less content than other web pages. Therefore, the possibility of the web page high on SERP is not high.
Few tips for creating an effective landing page.
There are many ways to approach an effective landing page. One way is to follow the AIDA model, which stands for Attention, Interest, Desire, and Action. This model encourages one to use an attention-grabbing headline, interest-building subheadings, desire-arousing graphics or video content, and action-inducing “call to action” buttons.
- Attention: The first step of any landing page should be grabbing the user’s attention with a compelling headline. If you can’t get someone’s attention in just 10 seconds, then your landing page isn’t going to work. You need to make sure that people know what they’re getting into before they click through. Make it clear why this particular product/service will benefit them.
- Interest: Once you’ve grabbed their attention, you want to keep them interested by providing information about how much time is left on the offer (if applicable), as well as other benefits associated with using your service. This way, when users are ready to buy, they’ll have all the info they need and won’t feel like they wasted their time reading an ad or clicking through from another site.
- Desire: The last step in a successful landing page campaign is making sure that visitors actually purchase something once they land there. To do so, you can use pop-up windows, special offers, etc.
- Action: When it comes down to action, this could be anything from filling out forms to buying products online. People love free stuff even more than discounts. According to data from MyPoints, 76% of people will choose a product just because it’s being offered for free. That means if you’re planning on giving away your own product for free (or heavily discounting it), make sure it really adds value before doing so.
Call to Action button guide for landing page
One of the most important elements on any webpage is the Call to Action button. Keep your Call To Action clear and make sure users know the next step. Here are a few ideal CTA examples:
- Book an Appointment
- Sign up
- Buy Now
Forms design should be simple on the landing page
Forms on the landing page should ask for minimum information which is important. For example, if you are looking for subscribers then the email input field is enough.
Keep the important information above the fold.
Above the fold is very critical in web design practice. Above the fold refers to the content that is visible on a web page without having to scroll down. It’s typically used as a term in print media but has been adopted by web designers as well.
A CTA should be in the above-the-fold field. If the user is convenient with your above-the-fold information, he/she will click on the CTA and you achieved your goal.
Use fewer images and large fonts
Usually, the landing page should contain a maximum of 2-3 pages. It is not recommended to use more than 3 images on the landing page.
Larger font size is ideal for easy of eye flow. Use 16px or 18 px instead of 10px or 12px.
Test Landing Page before starting campaigns
It is always a good idea to test the landing page on all devices. Make sure to landing page looks on mobile as well as the desktop version. Check all the buttons and form is working correctly.